Best DIY Homemade Lip Scrub – Homemade Lip Treatments.
Do dry, dull, dark-chapped lips make you conscious? Achieve a luscious pout with our game-changer DIY lip scrub 3 ingredients without breaking your bank on expensive, harsh chemical products. These easy-to-go natural lip scrubs will make your lips plump and polish to perfection. Start your journey to a beautiful lip with a magical, simple lip scrub. Here are the recipes for the best exfoliator for lips.
Get, Set, Boom!
Lip Exfoliator Home Remedy:
Get ready to indulge in natural goodness that will pamper and protect your lips with homemade exfoliating scrub for lips, so you can unlock your beautiful smile always.
These homemade exfoliants consist of two main components :
- Nourishing agent.
Some of my favorite homemade exfoliating lip scrubs are:
1- Coffee Lip Scrub recipe.
2- Honey Lip Scrub.
3- Berry Bliss & Coconut Oil Lip Scrub.
4- Beetroot For Pink Lips.
5- Lemon Scrub & Brown Sugar Lip Scrub.
6- Orange Peel For Beautiful Pout.
Don’t use body scrub on your lips.
1- Coffee & Brown Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe:
Grounded coffee works as a lip exfoliator removes dead skin, and granulated sugar adds a double exfoliating effect. While carrier oil moisturizes and nourishes the lips.
How To Make A DIY Lip Scrub At Home:
You can make your own easy lip scrub at home by adding kitchen ingredients. The lip exfoliator scrub ingredients are:
- 1 tablespoon grounded coffee.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon coconut or sweet almond Oil.
Tip: Do Not use instant coffee, as it dissolves quickly and does not provide enough exfoliation.
2- DIY Honey Sugar Scrub:
Honey and sugar are considered the best DIY lip scrubs for chapped lips. Honey is a natural humectant that attracts and retains moisture and provides hydration. So, it works as a DIY lip moisturizer. Brown sugar provides exfoliation, and the choice of your carrier oil will add a moisturization effect. Enjoy the sweet and soothing effect of our honey lip scrub because it acts as the best lips softener.
How To Make A Homemade Lip Scrub:
In the honey lip scrub recipe, you need to just add:
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- ½ teaspoon carrier oil optional.
3- Berry Bliss Scrub – Lip Scrub For Dark Lips:
This is the best homemade lip scrub for dark lips. The presence of a pack of nutrients in strawberries, such as:
- Vitamin C.
- Other enzymes.
This makes it the perfect choice to add to your edible lip scrub recipe. So don’t forget to store some strawberries to enjoy the delightful aroma and softness of your lips 😉
How To Make Your Lip Scrub At Home:
- 1 tablespoon mesh strawberry.
- 1 teaspoon granulated coffee.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
4- Beetroot Scrub: A Homemade Lip Scrub For Pink Lips
Beetroot has natural sugar that acts as a lip buffer. Due to its natural deep red color, it provides a natural tint to the lips. So, it’s the best homemade lip scrub for pink lips. By adding some carrier oil, you can enjoy an extra moisturizing effect.
Ingredients Of Home Remedies For Lip Scrubs are:
5- Lemon And Sugar Scrub For Dark Lips:
It is the best lip scrub for dark lips. Enjoy the brightening and refreshing properties of lemon with the exfoliating effect of brown sugar. Use this natural lip exfoliator for ashy lips and get soft and healthy lips. Don’t forget to add coconut, almond, or olive oil to lock in moisture.
The ingredients of lip scrubs recipes are:
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
6- Orange Peel For Beautiful Pout:
Orange peel has been used for ages to treat dark skin and lips. Mix peel powder with coconut or almond Oil and sugar to treat dark lips. The DIY lip scrub without honey is suitable for dark lips. Enjoy the benefits of these ingredients in at-home lip scrubs.
Recipe Of DIY Lip Exfoliating Scrub:
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder.
- 1 teaspoon oil.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
How Long To Leave Lip Scrub On:
We have discussed some tried and tested home exfoliator recipes to make your pout pink.
- Pick any one remedy; mix all the ingredients very well.
- Apply the mixture gently on your lips in a circular motion.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes or until dry.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Don’t forget to apply lip oil or moisturizer.
There is a list of DIY lip scrub recipes, but we have shared some natural homemade lip scrub remedies with you that are our tried and tested.
However, it’s recommended to always consult your dermatologist.
When Not To Use Natural DIY Lip Scrub Remedies:
Natural remedies are considered safe to use. But Try to avoid using these lip exfoliator home remedies when you are facing issues like:
- Sunburned lips.
- Cuts or wounds.
- Allergic Reaction or sensitivities.
- Active cold sores or herpes outbreaks.
Reason Of Dark Lips:
Lip balm is everyone’s go-to product, but most people need to learn how exfoliating your lip is equally essential.
Before jumping into lip exfoliator home remedy, one should understand the reason behind it. Some may have dry, dehydrated lips due to:
- Weather changes.
In contrast, others may have due to lip licking habit or smoking.
TIP: For UV damage to lips use lip sun protection or SPF lip balm.
Benefits OF Lip Scrub:
To promote a healthy, beautiful lip, follow natural DIY lip scrubs, as these scrubs exfoliate dead skin and stimulate blood flow. These natural exfoliators act as a bundle of joy for your lips and perform various functions such as:
- Exfoliate and remove the dead skin on lips and make them smooth and soft.
- Improve the texture of dry, flaky, and chapped lips.
- Increase the absorption of lip balms and enhance moisturization.
- Reduce the discoloration and spots on lips.
- Properly stimulate blood circulation and give them a healthy flush.
- Provides a relaxing massage to your lips.
- Nourish, chapped, dull dark lips.
- Act as an antiseptic.
- Prepare your lips for a special event.
- Offers a pampering self-care experience for your lips.
- Provide longevity to your colorless lips.
How to apply a lip Scrub?
- Ensure your lips are clean.
- Take a small amount of lip scrub on your fingertip and apply on your lips.
- Gently massage the scrub on your lips in a circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Focus on more dry and flaky areas.
- Rinse off it with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your lips with a towel.
- Follow up with a lip balm or gentle moisturizer to lock in the moisture.
What does brushing your lips do?
Brushing your lips removes dead skin of lips, improves blood circulation, reduces the appearance of lines, and detoxes lips. Moreover, it can improve the overall health and appearance of your lips.
Can dark lips turn pink?
People who have naturally dark lips can get benefits from these remedies temporarily, while others may find these natural recipes most beneficial.
What are the two main components of a homemade lip scrub recipe?
Lip scrubs are a mixture of two – components:
- An exfoliator.
- Nourishing or hydrating agent.
Does licking your lips make it darker?
Yes, the habit of licking or biting lips makes your lips darker. The thin and delicate skin around your lips can irritate due to the presence of enzymes in saliva, causing it to become darker in color.
Can lipsticks darken your lips?
The use of lipstick on a regular basis may darken the skin around your lips due to the presence of chemicals in it.
How often should I use a lip scrub?
You can exfoliate your lips with a gentle scrub twice a week.
How to exfoliate lips with a toothbrush?
- Choose a soft toothbrush for lip exfoliation.
- Wet its bristles with warm water.
- Gently rub the toothbrush on your lips in a circular motion while applying light pressure.
- Be careful not to scrub too harshly to avoid irritation.
- Wash your lips with lukewarm water and wipe them with a damp cloth.
- Apply moisturizer after exfoliation.
- Replace your lip exfoliation brush regularly to maintain hygiene.
Now, you are ready to make your natural lip exfoliator kit. Get ready, and exfoliate your lips at home. The best thing is they are organic and free from harsh chemicals, so it is recommended to make fresh scrubs every time. Using organic ingredients available at home, like sugar, olive oil, and honey, you can make a homemade lip scrub that gently removes dead skin cells. And gives you healthier-looking lips. These DIY remedies are not only convenient but also meet the needs of individuals. Incorporating lip exfoliation into your daily skincare routine increases the effectiveness of lip products and also increases blood circulation. Remember to exfoliate your lips in moderation, follow a proper lip care routine, and be careful of any sensitivity or allergenic lip products but if you experience any problems consult a dermatologist for lip issues or a lip care expert.