Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under The Eyes:
These stubborn dark circles are frustrating, whether you lack sleep, have seasonal allergies, or have some other factor. It doesn’t look good and is even harder to treat. You need consistency and patience to see results. This blog will explain the best dark circle treatments under eyes and see what science says about those ingredients.
Causes Of Dark Circles Under Eyes:
Periorbital hyperpigmentation is referred to as the black circles under the eyes. This can appear for various reasons.
– Lack of sleep.
– Thin skin.
– Stress and lifestyle factors.
– Sun exposure.
– Underlying health issues.
Home Remedies For Dark Eyes:
Nature has kept all the beneficial properties of the available ingredients on your shelves. You need to be creative, start playing with them, and see the magic. Many natural ingredients have properties to deal with under dark eye patches. A few scientifically proven ingredients are listed below:
2- Potato slice on eyes.
3- Dark circles almond oil.
4- Turmeric for dark circles
5- Green tea bags.
Cucumber for dark circles is one of the best remedies to reduce puffiness of eyes and dark patches. The key is the hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber. There are a lot of people who swear by this recipe, but what does science say? Let’s check it out.
Cucumber And Science:
– Cucumber is packed with vitamin C and folic acids. Vitamin C stimulates new cell growth, while folic acids stimulate an antioxidant that reduces under eye bags and redness.
– It has a high water content that helps to restore skin elasticity and retain moisture, which helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
– It can elevate sunburn pain and relax your skin.
Evidence proves that cucumber has magical content and has been used for centuries to heal and treat skin, but we don’t have clinical trials that show that it specifically helps the skin around your eyes.
How To Use :
– Clean your face thoroughly.
– Place a chilled cucumber slice half an inch thick on your eyes.
– Lay down for 15 minutes until the skin soaks up all the juices.
– You can apply this remedy every day.
Tip: Remember to remove the skin of the cucumber to protect your skin from pesticides.
Cucumber has been used for centuries in skincare due to its content. It reduces puffiness and redness, retains moisture, and improves cell growth. No clinical trials have specifically shown the treatment around your eyes, but due to its proven properties, people are using it for under-eye treatment and swear by the results.
Raw potatoes or potato juice treat skin conditions like melasma, tanning, and lightening dark spots. People use raw potatoes to treat undereye patches. Let’s discuss the scientific approach.
What Science Says:
Potatoes have anti-inflammatory properties and are a natural bleaching agent. However, there is no clinical evidence that it treats dark circles, but enough anecdotes support it. Additionally, anecdotes are stories based on reviews people have written about their experiences.
How to use:
– Grate a clean and fresh raw potato and extract its juice.
– Apply juice with the help of a cotton pad, ensuring the area of the dark circle is completely covered.
– Let the skin soak the juice for 10–12 minutes, and wash with water. You can apply this remedy twice a week.
Tips: Use chilled potatoes for a soothing effect
Potatoes are considered a safe and pocket-friendly treatment for dark circles. It contains a bleaching agent that reduces the dark spots gradually. However, no clinical evidence proves the use of potatoes for under-eye treatment, but anecdotes are present based on personal experience. Experiences can vary from person to person. According to a study, people with latex allergies should avoid using it.
While munchkin almonds are a snack, you have never considered their benefit to the skin, specifically for stubborn dark circles. Won’t believe it? Just check it out.
What science says:
It contains vitamins A and E, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc. According to a study, it rejuvenates and soothes the skin. Due to its emollient properties, it’s used to improve skin tone and complexion. Anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
Face oils are beneficial for skin health. To read more, please click here.
How to use:
– One teaspoon of honey with 4,5 drops of almond oil and massage under your eye. It will also help to improve blood circulation. Leave it for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off.
– You can mix 3 drops of avocado oil with 3 drops of almond oil, massage it, and leave it overnight.
Tip: Always use sweet almond oil.
Almond oil has been used for centuries to provide skin benefits. It has an anti-inflammatory property that helps soothe the skin and reduce dark circles.
Green Tea Bags:
Are you a green tea lover? You love it even more when you know the clinically proven benefit of dark circle treatment with just a tea bag. Eyes look tired, small, and unhealthy when they have dark circles. Let’s un reveal the benefits of tea bags for under-eye treatment.
What science says:
According to the study, if your eyes are puffy, with dark patches around them, you need to put on a tea bag. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that will not only help you to treat dark circles but also help the retina and lens to protect against UV-induced oxidation and make your eyes sparkle. Treat your eyes with care because your eyes speak.
How To Use:
Steep the tea bag in water and let it cool completely. Put it in a fridge for 20 minutes or until it’s completely cool; place it on your eyes for 8–10 minutes, and enjoy.
TIP: Opt for a tea bag containing high levels of caffeine, such as black or green tea.
Green tea has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help treat dark circles. Due to the high caffeine content, it shrinks the blood vessels, which helps reduce puffiness around the eyes. It helps to have sparkling eyes.
When mixed with the right combo, turmeric has been considered a beauty and healing ingredient for ages. Otherwise, it will do more harm than good.
What science says:
According to the study, turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is used to lighten skin color. However, no clinical research proves that it treats dark circles, but turmeric reduces the dark area of your body, said Dr. Geeta, a dermatologist.
How To Use:
– Mix one ¼ of pure, high-quality turmeric with one tablespoon of buttermilk. Mix well and apply to your dark circle for 8–10 minutes, then clean it with wet cotton or rinse your face. Follow your skincare routine and use this light mask 3–4 times a week until the dark area fades.
– You can also mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of almond or coconut oil and apply it in the same way as above.
Turmeric has been used for ages to treat wounds and in skincare to brighten the complexion. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that treat various skin conditions; however, no clinical research proves its efficacy.
Why Do I Have Dark Circles Even When I Get Enough Sleep:
You must adopt a healthy lifestyle to treat dark circles at home permanently. However, if those circles are due to genetic or aging, it’s almost impossible to treat.
– Apply a cold compress.
– Get a sound sleep of 7-9 hours.
– Keep yourself hydrated.
– Try an eye cream
– Before makeup, apply concealer.
– Consume food rich in vitamins A, K, E, and C. As its deficiency causes dark circles.
– For faster results, you can opt for medical treatments.
– You can use several ingredients to treat dark circles at home. Few are clinically proven, while others are based on anecdotes, which may vary from skin to skin.
– With a good skincare routine, you can use sweet almond oil, honey, turmeric, potato juice, or green tea bag to treat stubborn patches.
– Always do a patch test before applying any ingredient.
– Incorporate vitamin-rich foods in your diet along with topical use.